Your UV light lamp is inserted into a quartz sleeve. This quartz sleeve should be removed every 3 – 6 months and any dirt build-up on the outside removed. Here is the best way to go about it…
- Remove UV light lamp first. Unscrew the front and back end screw caps on the ends of the UV cylinder.
- Carefully remove the O-ring which holds the quartz sleeve in place from the left hand side ONLY. The right hand O-ring remains in place.
- Carefully pull out the sleeve from the right hand side, taking care to use both hands, one to hold the end of the sleeve, the other to
support the sleeve at the mouth of the cylinder.
- Clean very carefully with methylated spirits or clear vinegar and a soft cloth to remove any deposits or dirt on the outside of the sleeve.
- After cleaning, reinsert from the right hand side, taking care to use both hands, one to hold the end of the sleeve, the other to support
the sleeve at the mouth of the cylinder. Ensure that the sleeve protrudes from the cylinder by the same amount at each end.
- Replace the left hand side O-ring. Never use any lubricant other than water to help slide the O-ring on. Now replace both end caps and
tighten and re-insert your UV lamp using the method above.
- Turn the water supply back on and check for any water leaks around the quartz sleeve. If water is leaking, you have to check and tighten
the O-rings that are protecting and water proofing the quartz sleeve.
- Switch the electricity back on again.