We take a couple of calls each week from Waterguard customers in Australia looking to purchase replacement filter sets, uv lamps and other spare parts for their waterguard gold, silver, platinum and amalgum models. With customers unable to purchase from Cynortic in New Zealand any longer, the good news is that Filtermate, who builds whole house water filters in Australia stocks an ‘almost complete’ list of spare parts along with the original Philips UV lamps and filter sets for the Waterguard units from Cynortic. If you can’t find the part you are after on their site – www.filtermate.com.au – then give them a call on 08 93357361.
Below are links to the specific spare parts you may need:
Service Kit for Waterguard Gold (includes 3 x filters, 75w lamp and seals) –
Service Kit for Waterguard Silver (includes 3 x filters, 75w lamp and seals) –
Filter Kit for Waterguard Gold, Silver, Platunum and Amalgum – (includes5 micron pleaded, CTO and 1 micron Polyprop)
UV Lamp for Waterguard Gold and Platinum (75W)
UV Lamp for Waterguard Silver (40W)
UV Lamp for Waterguard Amalgum (130W)
Quartz Sleeve for Waterguard Gold Silver and Platinum (T5)
Quartz Sleeve for Waterguard Amalgum (T6)
Filtermate will ship units right around the country.
We often get asked about maintenance of your Water Guard whole house water filter. Perhaps you have lost the instruction manual or you have moved into a new house that already has one fitted. The good news is that Waterguard Water filters are have been designed for ease of maintenance and service. To ensure your system operates correctly it is important to:
- Check pressure gauges once a month – depending on the quality of your incoming water, the filters will remove dirt, sediment and other matters and after some time will start to clog up and restrict the water flow. This will be indicated by an increasing differential of the readings between the three pressure gauges. If the differential is becoming greater than 10 PSI between incoming to outgoing water, it is time for you to clean or exchange your filters.
- Clean first pleated filter once a month – the first pleated filter cartridge filters all large sediment and can be cleaned by simply removing and spraying with a jet of water
- Replace all filters at least once every 3-6 months – microbes can actually survive in the filters so, depending upon the quality of the water supply, the filters should be changed regularly
- Replace your UV-Light Bulb(s) once every year or when failing – UV globes lose their efficacy over time and whilst they may last longer than 12 months, there is no guarantee that they are still delivering the required dose of UVC radiation
- Clean Quartz Sleeve regularly – subject to calcium levels and hardness of water, the quartz sleeve can become coated and should be cleaned to maintain the required UVC dose
Finally, we carry a full range of consumables and many spare parts, so if you have any issues, pick up the phone or contact us online.
Your UV light lamp is inserted into a quartz sleeve. This quartz sleeve should be removed every 3 – 6 months and any dirt build-up on the outside removed. Here is the best way to go about it…
- Remove UV light lamp first. Unscrew the front and back end screw caps on the ends of the UV cylinder.
- Carefully remove the O-ring which holds the quartz sleeve in place from the left hand side ONLY. The right hand O-ring remains in place.
- Carefully pull out the sleeve from the right hand side, taking care to use both hands, one to hold the end of the sleeve, the other to
support the sleeve at the mouth of the cylinder.
- Clean very carefully with methylated spirits or clear vinegar and a soft cloth to remove any deposits or dirt on the outside of the sleeve.
- After cleaning, reinsert from the right hand side, taking care to use both hands, one to hold the end of the sleeve, the other to support
the sleeve at the mouth of the cylinder. Ensure that the sleeve protrudes from the cylinder by the same amount at each end.
- Replace the left hand side O-ring. Never use any lubricant other than water to help slide the O-ring on. Now replace both end caps and
tighten and re-insert your UV lamp using the method above.
- Turn the water supply back on and check for any water leaks around the quartz sleeve. If water is leaking, you have to check and tighten
the O-rings that are protecting and water proofing the quartz sleeve.
- Switch the electricity back on again.